Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I went to C2E2 and all I got was this crappy con crud



C2E2 stands for Con Crud Easter Edition
Oh, that heading isn't really true. It is true that I have strep throat, but I'm going to go on the record as saying it was totally worth it. The best part of C2E2 was meeting up with my special ladies from Geektress and my special gays from Comic Book Queers. If you are not following both of these groups on both facebook and twitter, you should do so now. Hijinx and shenanigans are abundant in both organizations.
 
So, being at McCormick Place with thousands of my people was good for my soul and mind, if not so much for my immune system. The best part of the con happened within the first 10 minutes of hitting the floor. I geeked out on the lucky folks at the Random House booth and got a few ARCs to read and review both here and at Geektress in the coming weeks. I also got on their press list, so hopefully, there will be many ARCs in the future as well.
 
Look at that puppy - that's A Dance With Dragons by George R.R. Martin, and it's not even finished. When I saw this on Suvudu, I had to stop myself from licking the computer screen.

Speaking of Suvudu, head on over to their site or to Geektress to take a look at my thoughts on their 2011 Cage Matches. I'm a little miffed over some of the results, but ah well. It's all for funsies.

Other highlights from C2E2:

Laura and BK of Geektress bought me one of these:


http://www.sugarmonstercrafts.com/
I bought this guy right here:

Much like my husband, his name is Dave and he looks cat-like.
I actually bought a few Ugly Dolls and nerdy onsies for all of the babies that were born in March. I had 4 friends give birth this month, three of them on the same day. Effing babies, man.

I said "hey" to Katie Cook. If you don't love her now, get to steppin' and check her out already.

Garth Ennis photobomb!!!!!!


Remember the time The Punisher killed, like, everything? That was awesome.
Also, pay close attention to the shirt I'm wearing. You like that? You can get one of your very own by going here and making with the clickity.

We at Geektress love the boobies.
And finally, on Sunday, there were all kinds of shenanigans and a very excellent panel discussion on LGBT comics, featuring some folks at Prism, hosted by StevieD of Comic Book Queers. Hot oil, AIDS babies, gay Punisher, and lots and lots of amazing LGBT writers and artists to check out.

I'm sure I'm forgetting things, but the crud is getting to me. I need a nap. And I need to hurry and finish Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss so I can give you all my two cents whether you asked for them or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment